This document describes the Aileron Labs Limited Warranty.
Aileron Labs classifies the products it sells into two general categories:
- Products we design and manufacture ("Manufactured Products")
- Finished products we purchase from other manufacturers and resell ("Resold Products")
The Aileron Labs Limited Warranty ("Warranty") applies only to Manufactured Products purchased directly from AileronLabs.com.
Period of Coverage
The Warranty is valid for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase. The Warranty period may be extended on selected products for an additional fee.
The Warranty provides for the repair or replacement of defective parts ("Service"), at our option, within a reasonable period of time. The Service is free of charge any time during the warranty period. After a product receives Service we will ship the product back to you at our expense within the continental United States using Ground Shipping unless prior arrangements are made.
What's Not Covered
Damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, excessive moisture or flooding, lightning, power surges, acts of nature, unauthorized product modifications or repairs, or a failure to follow all of the instructions and limitations provided for the product.
Products whose serial number is obscured or removed for any reason.
Resold Products. All claims for warranty service for Resold Products should be directed to the original manufacturer, the name of which (if not obvious in our product literature) will be provided upon request.
Costs for shipping products to Aileron Labs for Service.
Damage or destruction of products in shipping to Aileron Labs for any reason. Customers are strongly advised to:
- Retain the original shipping materials and return the products in those materials to help prevent shipping damage.
- Insure all packages sent to Aileron Labs for the current cost or equivalent product replacement cost, whichever is higher. If a package arrives at our facility damaged we will notify you immediately, at which point you will be responsible for pursuing a damage claim with the shipper.
Shipping to addresses outside of the US lower 48 states, Hawaii and Alaska.
The Warranty may, at the discretion of Aileron Labs, be transferred upon request provided the current owner furnishes:
- Proof of ownership. Depending on the circumstances this may require the original purchase invoice or that covering the most recent warranty extension.
- The product serial number, assuming the product is serial numbered during manufacturing. Not all of our products are serial numbered.
THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF AILERON LABS SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ACTUAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL AILERON LABS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES.
How to claim Warranty Coverage
Simply contact us. We'll do our best to assist you.